Sunday, February 24, 2013

Humongous

I feel humongous.  My face is puffy, my arms are jiggly, my back has rolls, my thighs rub together.  Getting out of a chair is a challenge, as is rolling over in bed.  I'm out of breath after climbing the stairs.  I am really ready to have my body back!  I do love my big belly, but it's becoming very heavy to carry around and the baby is soooo low!  Sometimes I use my arms to support the weight of my belly just to have a little break.

I've actually reached a point where I would like to stop going out in public.  Most of my maternity clothes are too small or uncomfortable now and I feel like a slob no matter what I'm wearing.  I'm much more comfortable at home in my sweat pants and one of the hubby's t-shirts!  Also, it takes so much energy for me to run the simplest of errands.  I need a nap after going to the grocery store.

Most unfortunately, my due date happens to be 5 days after my cousin's wedding...in which I'm the matron of honor.  It's understood that I might not make it to the wedding, but right now there's either a baby shower for me or a bridal shower for her every weekend.  I squeezed myself into a maternity dress for my baby shower, but that's not really an option anymore so I've just worn leggings and a somewhat decent looking top to the other showers.  I actually hosted one yesterday and had to wear Uggs because by the time I finished setting up, my feet were too swollen to go into the black flats I had planned to wear (not to mention all of my other shoes).

Okay, I'll stop whining now.  But seriously...I am over being pregnant.  Bring on the next stage!

Only about 2.5 more weeks before it's considered safe for baby girl to make her big appearance and that feels like forever.  Once I hit 36 weeks I am going to try every superstition and old wives' tale that supposedly induces labor!  I'm ready to have my body back, but I also can't wait to see and hold my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment