Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blah

My goal for tonight's run was a slow 5 miles.  It's ambitious, but for some reason I just really want to hit 30 miles this week.  I don't think it's going to happen, but I really wanted it.  Oh well, if I can get in 11 miles on Saturday like I want to then I'll definitely be over 20 and that's still awesome!

My shins hurt right from the start tonight and no matter what I did, I just could not shake them out.  I stretched before running, did some warm up exercises, and started running slow.  Then I took a walk break, then I tried running fast.  I tried running uphill and I tried running downhill.  Nothing worked!!!  And it was just so uncomfortable, so I decided to just come home.  I ended up doing 2.39 miles in 30:13.  Boo.

Fun fact: On my very first day of the half marathon training plan, I ran for 30 minutes without stopping for the first time ever.  I completed 2.33 miles in 30 minutes.  And tonight I went farther (albeit not by much) even though there was LOTS of walking involved!

When I got home I did a lot of stretching and then slapped the ice packs on for an hour.  I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow and be able to get a 5-miler in.  Honestly, my legs were still noticeably sore and tired from the 9.5 miles on Tuesday, so I think they just weren't ready for it yet.  Guess I got a little too greedy with the mileage!

No comments:

Post a Comment