Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Endorphins make you happy

I'm not sure if it's the endorphins or not, but I sure am feeling happy lately!  I know that exercise plays a large part of it.

Over the last year, I have distanced myself from people, shied away from social engagements, and pretty much tried to stay at home in sweatpants as much as possible.  That's all been because I've been embarrassed about the way I looked and none of my clothes fit.  Since I've been running and losing weight, all that has changed and I can't believe how amazing it feels.  I don't think I even realized how much I missed wearing cute clothes and spending time with people.

I went to visit my best friend last night for a long overdue girls night and she asked me how I'd been doing.  My response: "I feel like a new person."  Actually, I feel like a combination of brand new and the me I used to be before I gained all the weight - and this perfect blend of new/old Tina has me feeling ridiculously happy all the time!

When I was younger I remember having so much fun getting ready to go out - I'd blast music in my room and dance around while I put on makeup, styled my hair, and tried on different outfits.  The past year I've been throwing on my regular rotation of baggy clothing and putting zero effort into hair and makeup.  But now, I actually try on things the night before to decide what to wear to work...I look for cute outfits and cute accessories...I've figured out a way to style my hair in the morning without taking too much time...I enjoy going places and trying to look good again!

On top of all that happy, I had a great 5 mile run this afternoon!  I've been off work the last two days so I got to have a lovely run in the sunshine!  Back to the grind as usual tomorrow, though.

Hubby and I are doing a St. Patrick's Day 5K on Saturday here in Salisbury.  I seem to have unlocked the key to preventing my leg pain - very slow miles to start out.  It seems like I don't really warm up till mile 2, and not until mile 3 do I feel totally loose and ready to go.  I'm planning to do at least 1 mile, maybe 2, before the race on Saturday so I don't have a ridiculously slow time!

No comments:

Post a Comment