Monday, March 19, 2012

Where did all my miles go?

Well, after feeling pretty yucky all of last week (only one 2.6 mile run that I barely made it through) I was ready to get this week off to a good start!  It has turned to summer overnight here in North Carolina, with daylight until about 7:45pm and temperatures in the high 70s.  I am SO happy to be running in shorts and tank tops again, but suddenly I am a super slow poke!  I'm guessing my body is just going to need some practice to get adjusted to running in all of this humidity.  No fun, but I'll get over this hump!  Got to get ready for the Tar Heel 10 Miler on April 21! :)

Today I decided that I would run the following distances this week: 2 miles, 3 miles, 5 miles, and 10 miles.  Then I went out and ran 4 miles.  Not sure where that's going to fit in!  I'm worried that because it's been a month now since the half marathon, I might should scale back to 8 miles instead of 10 mile week and aim for 10 next week.  I would be ecstatic to get in 20 miles this week, though!  Maybe I'll switch my plan to 4 miles, 4 miles, 4 miles, 8 miles.  Hmmm, we'll see how I feel tomorrow!

But I think now I'll go do some abs...I feel like I need to work a little harder to earn a glass of wine tonight!  I averaged a 12:30 pace on the run tonight.  I wasn't too happy with it, but my legs were stiff so I was slowing down to keep the old cramps from flaring up.  I shouldn't criticize myself - I went out there and ran and even though it was slow, it felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment