Monday, March 17, 2014

2014 Update

So...I've been silent here for a long time.  Needless to say, having a baby changed everything - my priorities, the amount of spare time I have, my day to day activities.  Now my baby girl turns one year old in 10 days and I couldn't be happier or love her more!

I just reread my post about my running goals in 2014.  My secret goal was to run 3 half marathons in 2014 and I'm proud to say that I'm 2/3 of the way there!  In February I did Disney's Inaugural Glass Slipper challenge, which included the Enchanted 10K on Saturday followed by the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday.  It didn't really go as planned, but was still such a blast!  Yesterday I ran the Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon and had an awesome race even though I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the event.

Right now I'm feeling incredible, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll do a third half marathon this year.  I would have enjoyed running the Rock 'n Roll Raleigh race in April, but unfortunately it's sold out already.  Raleigh tends to be pretty hilly as well, so I won't miss those.  The Tar Heel 10 Miler is still on the table, but Pete and I would probably have to make that trip without our daughter, which we haven't done yet.  I'm not worried about leaving her with her grandparents and actually am looking forward to doing that sometime soon, but I don't know if I want to get up at 6am on my first night away from my built-in alarm clock!  I need to research spring half marathons in Charlotte, but those also have a reputation for being hilly.  I guess if I want to do a third I need to just suck it up and embrace the hills!

Also, the WB Half went so unbelievably well, I'd love to just leave it at that.  But I know that would be counterproductive.  I need to let my time inspire me to work harder and get an even better time!  Now that I've conquered 2:30, I guess I need to set my sights on 2:15...

No comments:

Post a Comment