Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 Goals


My main goal for 2013 is to make the transition into motherhood as smoothly as possible and be the best mother I can be, so a lot of my other goals are either dependent on or related to that one.  Here's what I would like to accomplish in 2013:

  • Stay active and eat healthy throughout third trimester
  • Have a safe and healthy delivery
  • Successfully breastfeed for one year
  • Complete Couch to 5K once approved for exercise by my doctor
  • Start and stick with training plan for Princess Half Marathon
  • Practice yoga once a week once approved for exercise by my doctor
  • Cook dinner at least 3 times per week
  • Enjoy every single moment I have with my daughter

I've also been thinking about future goals - well, mostly races.  Pete and I aren't really sure when we'd like to have a second child, so we've decided that we'll just see how we feel once our daughter gets here.  Maybe we'll have another one really soon, or maybe we'll decide to wait for a few years.  The following goals are for the next three years, but may be adjusted if our life plans change:

  • Complete the Disney Marathon
  • Complete the Goofy Challenge (Disney Half Marathon followed by the full marathon the next day)
  • Complete my first triathlon
  • Complete a half ironman (if I enjoy triathlons - I'm a little unsure about it)


It feels so great to put those out there and to be thinking about races again!  My husband has been encouraging me for awhile to try triathlons but I've been hesitant.  Recently I've finally felt like I would be up for it.  I'm intimidated by the swim and bike portions, but I think with enough training I would feel comfortable doing a sprint tri.  My plan is to get a road bike at some point after the baby is born and start working towards doing my first triathlon here in my hometown in April/May of 2014.  I'm excited about having something new to work towards, but I'm definitely the most excited about the 2014 Princess Half and getting in shape for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment