Sunday, January 20, 2013

Where I've been!

Wow, I haven't blogged in well over 6 months!  I've slipped away from my running identity for awhile--my last run was August 2, 2012.  That's because on August 4, 2012 I found out I was pregnant!

After an ectopic pregnancy and 6 months of trying, the journey to having a baby was really taking its toll on me.  When I did finally get that positive pregnancy test, I was honestly too scared to run for a long time.  I was terrified the entire first trimester that something was going to go wrong and even though my doctor told me it was safe and encouraged me to run, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Not to mention I was exhausted 24/7!

Once I moved into the second trimester I started feeling more confident in the pregnancy, but I still took things very easy on the exercise front.  I would walk 2 miles a couple times a week with my dad and occasionally I've done the elliptical at the gym, but exercising really took a backseat.

Once I felt safe I threw my heart and soul into the pregnancy and there didn't feel like much room for anything else!  I am happy to say that our baby girl is expected on April 11, 2013 and I've never been so excited about anything!  But I can also say that in the last couple of weeks I have started to miss running and yoga.  A LOT.

What really made me realize how much I miss running is going to Disney World last week so my husband could run the Disney Marathon!  I signed up to run the race too, but of course cancelled those plans once I got pregnant.  Being at the expo made me feel a little wistful, imagining being there and getting in on all the exciting race prep.  I also came to the finish line to cheer on my hubby and the energy was so infectious!  Not to mention that race bling was pretty awesome...

Ever since the marathon I have been looking up races on the internet and reading race recaps from my favorite bloggers.  I'm so happy about my baby girl, but I can't wait until she gets here so I can start training for my next half marathon!  I'm pretty set on doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2014.  I know I'll be starting from scratch after the baby is born, but I'm ready for a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment