Monday, February 20, 2012

A really excellent evening

Does something ever happen to you late at night that has you so bursting with excitement it's impossible to go to sleep?  That was me last night!  :D

There are several items of clothing in my closet that I love and adore, but haven't worn in over a year because they don't fit.  For the last year my wardrobe has revolved around the same loose-fitting clothing and I've been left feeling frumpy and un-stylish.  Last night before bed as I was trying to figure out what to wear to work in the morning, I decided to try on some of my old "skinny" work clothes just to see how they fit...and they fit GREAT!!!  Not perfect yet, because I like all my clothing to be a loose enough to feel comfortable in since I am sitting all day at work, but I got everything on and zipped up just right and I didn't look like a sausage in a casing!  I started trying on outfit after outfit, leaping around the room, and hugging my husband!

It was such a wonderful feeling--real, tangible progress in my fitness journey.  It's been a very long time since I've felt good about the way I look, but I really do now, and it's all thanks to running.

Speaking of running, the half marathon is in SIX days!!!!!  I can't believe it!  I'm so excited but a little nervous as well.  I can't believe the goal I've been working towards all these months is right around the corner!  I'm already starting to look for new races in the spring and summer so that I'm motivated to keep making myself better.

In the last week or so I've only run twice.  Two 3 mile runs that were full of leg cramps and made me angry.  Ever since my 8K race I've been feeling like a slowpoke and wanting to get a little faster, but the leg cramps really derail any kind of training I'm doing--they are so comfortable that I can't go fast or go long distances.  If I'm doing a long run they tend to go away somewhere between mile 3 and 4, but they are so discouraging and disruptive.  I've been trying to take it a little easy and do some cross training in hopes that the cramps won't bother me on Sunday!

One night last week I did an Insanity workout.  Haven't done one of those since the summer!  I wasn't really sure what to expect from myself since my fitness routine has consisted of nothing but running and yoga since August, but I was shocked when it was noticeably easier than it used to be!  It was another token of my progress that made me feel great!  I'm planning on doing another Insanity workout tonight.


My favorite thing about Insanity is that whether my last workout was yesterday or months ago, it always delivers an excellent, butt-kicking, sweat drenched, can-I-please-collapse-on-the-floor-now workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment