Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crazy treadmill miles


11 miles on a treadmill???!!  Who does that??  THIS GIRL!!!

Because of the shin pains I’ve had lately, I decided to do tonight’s run on the treadmill for some pace control.  Here’s how I broke it down:

1 mile: 5mph
.25 mile: walk break at 3.5mph
1 mile: 5.2mph
.25 mile: walk break at 3.5mph
1 mile: 5.5mph
.25 mile: walk break at 3.5mph
1 mile: 5.7mph
.25 mile: walk break at 3.5mph
.5 mile: 6.0mph
.25 mile: walk break at 3.5mph

I can’t remember the specifics of the rest, but I ran at 5.2mph and took walk breaks when I felt like I needed them.  I think I took 4 more before I got to 11 miles.  My total time was 2:16:08 for a 12:22 average pace!  I wanted to finish in 2:15:00, but I was really happy with it.  I still can’t believe I ran that far on a treadmill!

{Pretty sweaty after 11 miles}


The rest of the week I think I’ll go to another yoga class, but no more runs until this weekend’s 8K.  I want to feel fresh and hopefully my shin problems won’t flare up!

No comments:

Post a Comment