Sunday, January 29, 2012

More leg pain

I went for a run yesterday, which I was hoping would be 11 miles, but which only ended up being 4.5.  I wasn't too disappointed by it because of the long run earlier in the week, but I hated not having a higher weekly mileage.

My leg pains were bothering me again at the start and it took over 3 miles to get them shaken out.  I was also having a lot of trouble getting into a comfortable pace.  When I looked at my graph afterwards I was all over the place.  My husband had gone out for the running too, but lately we kind of go our own way because we have different paces and strategies.  I let him go off on his own, but after I had gone 3.5 miles and was thinking about stopping I decided to go just a little further and catch up with him for the last leg of his lap by our house.  After I met up with him I easily fell into his pace and was able to stay there, so I ran another mile feeling much better.  I was still tired, though, and not wanting to push it since I'm running an 8K race next Saturday, I decided to be done for the day.

I am so proud of my husband, who went on to run 10 miles that day!  His longest run of our training and ever in his life!  He used to run a lot in high school, but has never run distances farther than 5 miles at a time.  When I started talking about doing a half marathon he told me he had no desire to run that far, so it's so inspiring to see him get out there and do it...especially since I know he's doing it for me! :)

Today my husband and I headed to the Charlotte Running Company in Mooresville to get him fitted for new running shoes.  After trying 4 or 5 different pairs and running on a treadmill with each, he decided on Mizuno Wave Inspires.  I got myself a foam roller to see if that will help with my leg problems.  I've already used it this afternoon, and it is painful!  But I can tell it loosens up my muscles a lot.  Hopefully it will make a difference with my leg pains.

When we got home, Pete met up with his law partner for a 10 mile bike ride.  I decided to take a rest day and got a few little things done around the house while he was gone.  All in all, it was a pretty great Sunday!  Back to work tomorrow, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment