Sunday, August 14, 2011

The best-laid plans

I always function better with a plan, and I've been going over Runner's World with a fine-tooth comb to find one that looks like it will work for me.  I think I've found one that strikes the right balance of a challenge without trying to do too much too soon.  I'm feeling the urge to start with more than just a 60 seconds of running/90 seconds of walking kind of plan, so I'm giving this one a shot, with slight modifications.  I've decided to lay out my schedule here so I've got something concrete to follow.

Week 1
M - Run 10 minutes
T - XT
W - Run 15 minutes
Th - XT
F - Rest
Sat - Run 2 miles
Sun - XT

Week 2 (modified because we leave for Hawaii on Saturday)
M - Run 15 minutes
T - XT
W - Run 20 minutes
Th - XT
F - Run 2.5 miles
Sat - Rest
Sun - XT

Week 3
M - Run 20 minutes
T - XT
W - Run 25 minutes
Th - XT
F - Rest
Sat - Run 3 miles
Sun - XT

Week 4
M - Rest
T - XT
W - Run 25 minutes
Th - XT
F - Run 30 minutes
Sat - XT
Sun - Run 3 miles

Week 5
M - Run 30 minutes
T - XT
W - Run 30 minutes
Th - XT
F - Rest
Sat - Run 3.5 miles
Sun - XT

No comments:

Post a Comment