Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Poor little ankles

I went to the Y with great ambitions of doing my run on the treadmill.  I did a 5 minute warm-up at 3.5mph, did the first 3 minute run segment, and my little ankles were just aching.  So I stopped and stretched for awhile, then got back on and ran 2 minutes.  The pain came back almost immediately so I decided the run just wasn't going to happen.  I didn't want to strain myself so much that I couldn't run the next day.  Off the treadmill I got, and onto the elliptical for a nice 30-minute, low impact workout.

One reason I have a tough time working out at the Y is the abundance of people I went to high school with.  There was one girl there tonight who I knew when I was younger who was just in super shape, wearing this little capris with a zebra print waistband and a neon green tank top.  And there I was, in an oversized Steelers tshirt and baggy shorts, clunking along on my chubby legs.  But I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about those feelings, and look forward to the day when I can wear cute, sexy workout clothes to the gym and feel great.

Decided today that maybe my running shoes are ready to be retired.  I've used them as workout shoes for the past 2 years, so I think they've pretty much had it.  Tomorrow I will be shopping for a pair of Nike Air Pegasus +28s!

No comments:

Post a Comment