Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Accomplishments

I used to watch several TV shows religiously.  My DVR was always packed!  I had at least 8 shows set to record every week, and none of them were shorter than an hour.  I've had to give up a lot of that TV watching since I graduated from school but I really don't mind that much.  Right now, though, I'm watching one of my favorite shows--The Biggest Loser!  I used to watch it every week when I was in school, but now I catch it when I can.  I made absolutely sure to be around for tonight's episode because it's the marathon episode!  The race just started and all the contestants look so amazing!  The funny thing is...I'm actually feeling jealous of them!  I'm so excited for my race and can't wait for it to get here!

I went for a short run yesterday after work and decided to consciously try to go faster.  I ended up running up every wicked hill in our neighborhood and did three 10-minute running segments with 2-minute walk breaks in between.  I hit the 3 mile mark at 32:00 and 3.1 at 32:33!  I was so excited!  My legs were really tired (but I'm sure that had a little to do with the 8 miles I covered on Saturday and all the hills I did during the short run), but I wasn't struggling with the speed.  After I uploaded my stats from Toby I saw that I averaged a 10:21 pace!  It just felt EXCELLENT to know that I could run that fast at this point and that I'm only going to get better!  The long runs have been hard but not unbearable and the half marathon is feeling so doable at this point!  My 2:30 goal even feels pretty close!

With all the accomplishments I've made in my running recently, it's really bringing a lot of joy to my life!  I feel so happy and strong after a run, I actually want to eat healthier, I feel better in my clothes and I'm able to fit into things I couldn't wear a few months ago.  I'm so glad I made the decision to make running a part of my life and I can't wait to just keep pushing myself and making myself a better and healthier person.

My sweet husband who spoils me oh-so-much got me another early Christmas gift.  He took me to lululemon and let me pick out whatever I wanted to get outfitted for cold weather running!  I got some super cute stuff and I can't wait to post about it after I've gotten to try it out (it's been in the 60s every day here lately so a little too warm for my new toasty duds).

I'm keeping up with my yoga as well and feeling more flexible and more connected with my breath at every class.  I am thisclose to achieving a full headstand, I just need to get a little stronger in my core!  I've been doing little snippets of yoga at home as well, mostly some easy hip openers because I've got really tight hips and they need all the work they can get.

I'm in such a happy place right now! :) The Biggest Loser already has me crying and feeling all sappy and emotional about how far those people have come and how strong they are, but I'm also a little teary thinking about what I've accomplished as well.  Another quick short run coming up tomorrow...maybe I can beat my time from yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment