Monday, January 2, 2012

Feeling better

I set out to run 4 miles today, and I accomplished that goal!  In fact, I accomplished that goal 33 seconds faster than the last time I ran 4 miles!  I'm really excited about that considering I took more walk breaks than I wanted.  My body appears to now want to run at a pace below 10:00, which I'm happy about, but it's also tiring me out quicker than I want.  Gotta slow myself down to somewhere between 10:30-11:00 on longer runs.

I started off wanted to do 10min/2min run/walk intervals.  I succeeded in doing that for the first two sets, but then I needed a little 2-3 minute break of just sitting on the front porch after set two.  When I felt recovered I set out for the next leg, but I was struggling and decided to walk after 2 minutes of running.  I gave myself a nice long 4 minute walk break and then for .5 mile.  The another 2 minute walk break, and I ran the final .63 mile to get to my 4 mile total!  I averaged about a 9:35 pace during the running portions...crazy!  I definitely need to slow it down on the long run coming up on Saturday.

Post-run I made myself a Green Monster...although it turned out a little more orange than green because I added some frozen strawberries.  This one contained a handful of spinach, a couple spoonfuls of vanilla greek yogurt, a frozen banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup of almond milk, and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.  It was yummy, but I wish it had a little more sweetness.  I think I'll try adding honey next time I fix one.  It was also thicker than usual and I had a little more than would fit in my cup!


Great run, great day.  I feel back to normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment