Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

I must say, 2012 has been wonderful so far!  The hubby and I decided a quiet New Years Eve would be best for us so we went out to dinner and then had a Dexter marathon on the couch.  We took a little break to have champagne and watch the ball drop, but we ended up staying awake until 3am watching Dexter!  We watched all but the last 2 episodes of season 6 and finished those this morning.  My parents came over for a little while to see Pete's new basketball goal and we played around outside for awhile, then Pete and I went for a run to get the year started off on a positive fitness note!

In my head I wanted to start out really strong and go 5 miles today, but my body just isn't quite there yet.  I can tell, though, that each run this week has gotten easier.  I ran 1.25 miles today before taking a walk break, then did a .75 mile run, walk break, and ended with a .6 mile run to make it a nice even 5K.  My total time was 33:38, which is actually a super 5K time for me (especially considering that I walked for .5 mile), but I just expected more of myself today.  I'm still really happy because I know my body has been and is still going through a lot, but I want to be back in the zone and training hard!  My average paces for the running segments were 9:49, 9:30, and 9:27.  I'm so close to 3 miles in 30 minutes...possibly even a sub-30:00 5K time!  Since I've been feeling progressively better on my runs, I'm going to try to run for a few more consecutive days and increase my mileage by 1 mile each day.  2 miles yesterday, 3 miles today, so hopefully 4 tomorrow!

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in 2012.  I haven't come up with any career goals because I feel so lost in that area, but I'm very clear on what I want to accomplish personally and for my health.  My main focuses will be to spend less and save more, continue pushing myself in my running and yoga, to have a healthy pregnancy, and to make this year even better than the one before.

  • Finish the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2:30 or less
  • Cook dinner at least twice a week
  • Practice yoga twice a week
  • Go to church at least twice a month
  • Run a 5K in under 30:00
  • Save $100-$200 every week of working
  • Spend less time on Facebook
  • Follow $200 per month budget for shopping
  • Keep the credit card bill under $2,000 per month
  • Get (and stay) pregnant
Of course, if I do get pregnant that will alter some of my running time goals.  Once pregnant, I'll just want to keep running while still feeling good throughout the pregnancy.  I really feel like I've moved on from the miscarriage now.  2012 seems full of hope and opportunity and I'm ready to seize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment