Sunday, January 8, 2012

High Mileage Week

I haven't blogged much this week, but I've run a lot!  This week has been my highest mileage week ever at 25 miles.  Woohoo!  3.1 on New Years Day, 4 on the 2nd, 5 on the 3rd, 5 on the 5th, and 8 on the 7th! Both of the 5-milers were done on the treadmill.  My legs felt fantastic on all of them, no problems with cramping or seizing up!  My problem lately seems to be that I want to get speedy!  If I just let my body go without concentrating on pace I'll move at about a 9:30 pace.  I'm thrilled I can do that, but I can't keep it up for much longer than a mile.  I could probably go 1.5, maybe 2 miles, but I'll be severely winded afterwards.

During the 8 mile run I had a secret goal of finishing in 1:30:00.  I didn't quite make it, coming in at 1:31:17.  But that's still 4 minutes faster than my last 8 mile run!  I've seen leaps and bounds of progress in my runs this week, so I'm reminding myself to be happy about that.

I probably upped my mileage a little more than advisable this week.  I went back to work and found that I was thinking about the miscarriage or getting pregnant again all the time.  I would come home feeling sad and drained, but if I pushed myself hard in a run I felt clearer and calmer.  So I ran.  A lot.  I'll probably continue coping that way in the upcoming week as well, but as long as I remind myself to back off when necessary to avoid injury, I'm going to run to my heart's content because it makes me feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment