Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Post-run yum yum!

I have been excited all day for the deliciousness I had planned as my post-run meal!  I've been reading that oats are a great food for both recovery and fuel and I read about a mixture that sounded scrumptious - oats, 1 mashed banana, soy milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a dollop of peanut butter!  It did not disappoint.  I think it will be even better when it gets cold outside and I can come in and fill myself full of warm, carby goodness!  I also had a nice glass of chocolate soy milk to top it off.


My run today was good on endurance, slower on speed.  I stayed around a 12:00-12:30 pace, but I ran 1.5 miles without any walk breaks!  The only reason I had to stop was because of shin pain.  Then I walked for .25 miles, ran another half mile, and walked the last .25.  I really wanted to run for another .25 so I could make it an even 3, but my legs were getting a little shaky and I didn't want to push it.

I waited until about 7:15 to run tonight and I really enjoyed it!  It was cooler (it's been in the 80s and humid here lately, not fun) and very peaceful feeling.  As it got a little darker, though, I did wish that I had some sort of head lamp or more reflective clothing.  Another thing to add to my running shopping list!

I felt great at the end of the run today!  I want to fix my legs so badly.  I just want to be able to keep running without this ridiculous pain!  I do think it's getting better, but I'm a very impatient person.  I've ordered something that I think might help, I'll post about that when it arrives.

I got to enjoy my post-run yum yum while icing my legs on the couch with my baby girl Honey snuggled up next to me.  Happy girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment