Monday, October 17, 2011

Exhilarated joy

I went to my first yoga class today at Gotta Yoga University, and it was amazing.  I chose a Vinyasa class because that's what I'm familiar with, but I had no idea if the regular class would be too much or if I needed to do the beginner class, so I was a bit nervous but very excited.  It turned out Vinyasa was perfect  for me!  I loved the class and the teacher and the studio, and can't wait to go back for more.

One problem I noticed that I have is constantly looking around to see what other people are doing.  The most difficult part of yoga for me is shutting down my mind.  I was very worried at how I compared to the others in the class, but I tried very hard to let go of my concerns and focus on myself.  I think I did pretty good, and I even ended up in a picture on Gotta's Facebook page!  Yay me :)

At the end of the class, we were given cold washcloths scented with eucalyptus to place over our foreheads and eyes during savasana.  It was pure bliss.  Afterwards, the instructor told us to take whatever emotion the practice had released in us and carry it to wherever we went next.  I didn't immediately realize what that emotion was in me, but as I got in my car to start the drive home I could not wipe the smile off my face nor could I get rid of the exhilaration rushing through my veins.  I was so happy and so ready for more!  I even had that deep feeling in my chest that I get after a really hard run.  The drive home was relaxing instead of stressful like usual and I arrived home cheerful and hungry.

I can't wait for my next class!  This is definitely going to be a regular part of my routine from now on.  Also, my lululemon crops, tank, and mat were outstanding!!  I don't have enough good things to say about today!

No comments:

Post a Comment