Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goal update

I've decided to take a day off from working out today because I am just plain exhausted, and after the fiasco with the Zensah sleeves yesterday I want to give my legs another day of rest before I run again.  But we had some downtime at work today and I found myself thinking a lot about my goals and what I want out of life.  Following lululemon's advice, I'm trying to think about where I want to be in 10 years and work backwards from there.

10-year working goals

  • I work at home/own my own business (ideally, a photography business)
  • I have 3 children
  • I am a dedicated distance runner and have run the following races at least once each:
    • Disney's Princess Half Marathon
    • Big Sur Half Marathon
    • Big Sur Marathon
    • New York Marathon
    • City of Oaks Marathon
    • Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
  • Yoga is a regular part of my workout routine
I think a lot of those goals can be incorporated in the 5-year category, so I'm going to skip that one for now and focus on some more immediate goals.

1-year working goals
  • Practice yoga at least twice a week
  • Run 10 miles without stopping
  • Make new like-minded friends
  • Get a promotion at work
  • Practice the piano at least 3 times a week
  • Cook at least 2 meals on the weekend
That's a lot of progress from the last time I posted about goals!  It feels good to feel like I have something to accomplish, even if they are small things, instead of like I'm just killing time until the next big life event (babies).  I'm always happier when I have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment