Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Small victories

If last night's run gave me a thrill of accomplishment, it was nothing compared to this morning as I was getting ready for work.  I couldn't decide what to wear--I've been pretty limited recently because all of my clothes have gotten too small, especially my pants, and it's starting to get a bit colder here.  I debated in my closet for awhile, and finally decided to try a pair of gray Loft pants.  I knew they wouldn't fit because just 2 weeks ago I couldn't button them at all, but I decided to try anyway.  To my complete and utter astonishment, they slid right on, buttoned right up, and fit very comfortably!  I was stunned.  I immediately ran to the bed and woke up my husband to tell him, even though it was 6:30am.  The fact that I was wearing those pants kept me upbeat the whole day long!

I've been working out consistently for over a month now, but this is the first time I've seen real results.  The feeling is unbelievable and gives me motivation like nothing else.  Tonight when I was doing yoga I felt more graceful, flexible, and lithe than I have in a very long time.  I still don't fit into my favorite jeans, but I know I will get there.

In other news, my Zensah sleeves finally arrived today!  Can't wait to try them out on my run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment