Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finding a happy paced career

I've posted several times about my career and how I feel lost in it.  I recently decided to step WAY outside my comfort zone to try something new and see how it works for me...

Generally speaking, I've always disliked direct selling companies.  I've resented being invited to Thirty-One, Willow House, and other parties and usually didn't go.  But while reading one of my favorite fashion blogs, J's Everyday Fashion (a truly wonderful blog that's helped me find deals on clothes and be a better dresser), I learned about Stella & Dot.

Stella & Dot is a direct sales company that designs jewelry and handbags.  I immediately fell head over heels with the jewelry!  I wanted every single piece, I wanted to dress in all Stella & Dot every single day!  At first I didn't even realize they were a direct sales company, I just knew I had to have the jewelry.  As I read more and discovered that I could be an independent stylist and share the Stella & Dot love with others, I felt like I should give it a try.

People who know me, my husband especially, thought I was absolutely crazy.  I'm a very shy person and no good at talking to people, but I thought Stella & Dot might be a way for me to get past that.  It also might be a way for me to meet new friends, other young wives and moms, and branch out from my very limited social circle.

Well, I decided to take a leap of faith and I signed up to be a stylist, and I'm loving it already!  I get to wear fabulous jewelry every day, I've found motivation not just with my business but in my everyday life, and it's helping me become a more open and fun person.  I still struggle with shyness, but once I get the ball rolling with someone conversationally I find it to be much easier than I expected.


I'm certainly not trying to sell to anyone here, but if you want to know more about Stella & Dot just let me know or check out my website HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment