Monday, April 30, 2012

I am faster

I don't know when exactly it happened, but I am faster.  Suddenly my runs are all averaging a 10:30 pace.    I think I've really noticed it since the Tar Heel 10 Miler.

Every time I've noticed progress in my running it's been sudden like this.  What a wonderful surprise!  Hopefully in another couple of months I'll be able to knock out sub-30:00 5Ks!  I think I could probably do it now, but I have a hard time pushing myself during a race.  I'm spoiled by distance training and half marathon pace - I like to feel comfortable when I run!  But I think it's time to step up and know how to be uncomfortable during a short race in order to reap the rewards at the end!

Peonies are my favorite flowers.  Last summer I planted two peony plants in the backyard.  They did not grow, did not die, did absolutely nothing for the entire summer until they went dormant for the winter.  When spring began this year they shot up like crazy!  There are more than 10 buds forming on them and I have been waiting for the last couple of weeks for one to finally burst into bloom.  Today, I got my wish!  Looking forward to summer!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment